My Photo
Name:
Location: New Mexico, United States

Thursday, February 12, 2009

CARVED IN STONE is out!


Check out my latest romance, Carved in Stone. It's set in Mississippi on the Gulf Coast where I spent a lot of time as a kid. I have fond memories of hanging out on the beach and driving up and down the highway. The story features a troubled, strong-silent-type stone carver who falls for a woman who grew up in the society he despises. And at the height of their conflict, a hurricane hits the coast, putting everyone in jeopardy.

The hurricane has an interesting backstory. I grew up in New Orleans, and remember well Hurricane Betsy. My family and I spent two days in a monstrous historic building on Magazine where my father worked at the time (he was the Director of the Protestant Children's Home). Mind you, this was in 1965. I still remember walking my dog in the eye of the storm. (Her bladder was probably about to explode!) I also clearly remember the sound of breaking glass as the eye wall passed by.

The strange part is that I wrote the book before Katrina hit. It's amazing how that one event really changed the world for so many people, even those of us who weren't there except in spirit. I had real concerns about releasing the book after that, but I feel okay about it now. And I really love the story.

Mind you, it's very spicy! You've been warned.

Hey, if you join my newsletter, you'll be in the drawing for a signed copy of Carved in Stone. And doesn't the book have a wonderful cover?? I hope you enjoy the story as much as I enjoyed writing it.

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home